Kurdistan on the Global Stage : Kinship, Land, and Community in Iraq.
Diane E. King has written about everyday life in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq, which covers much of the area long known as Iraqi Kurdistan. One of the few scholars who has done research during the Saddam Hussein regime, King offers a sensitive interpretation of the contradiction resulting from the i...
New Brunswick :
Rutgers University Press,
|Online Access:||Click to View|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- Title Page
- List of Illustrations
- Note on the Transliteration, Pronunciation, and Proper Nouns
- 1. Kurdistan Glocal
- 2. Fieldwork in a Danger Zone
- 3. A Man on the Land: Lineages, Identity, and Place
- 4. Gendered Challenges: Women Navigating Patriliny
- 5. Politicking
- 6. Refuge Seeking, Patriliny, and the Global
- 7. Kurdistan in the World
- Glossary and Acronyms