Lithuania : Stepping Westward.
Lithuania restored her independence, after half a century of Soviet occupation, in the immediate aftermath of the failed Moscow coup in August 1991. As the multi-national Soviet state disintegrated, Lithuania evolved, without war or violence, from a communist state and a command economy to a liberal...
Abingdon, Oxon :
Taylor & Francis Group,
|Series:||Postcommunist States and Nations Ser.
|Online Access:||Click to View|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- Half Title
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Table of Contents
- Map of Lithuania
- Section I: Revival and Repression 1914-1985
- 1 Independent Lithuania between the Wars
- 2 Sovietization 1940-1985
- Section II: Independence and the Politics of Transition1985-1999
- 3 The Achievement of Independence 1985-1991
- 4 Government and Politics in Independent Lithuania
- 5 The Lithuanian Economy after Independence
- 6 Lithuania's Foreign and National Security Policy