Sleep Paralysis : Historical, Psychological, and Medical Perspectives.
Sleep Paralysis: Historical, Psychological, and Medical Perspectives offers the first comprehensive examination of sleep paralysis from both clinical and cultural perspectives. Dr. Brian Sharpless and Dr. Karl Doghramji provide a thorough and easily readable resource on the phenomenon and present di...
Oxford University Press, Incorporated,
|Online Access:||Click to View|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- Sleep Paralysis
- 1. What Are Sleep Paralysis and Isolated Sleep Paralysis?
- 2. Should Sleep Paralysis Be More Frequently Assessed in Research Studies and Clinical Practice?
- 3. The History of Sleep Paralysis in Folklore and Myth
- 4. Sleep Paralysis in Art and Literature
- 5. Early Medicine and the "Nightmare"
- 6. Sleep Paralysis: Typical Symptoms and Associated Features
- 7. Prevalence of Sleep Paralysis
- 8. Sleep Paralysis and Medical Conditions
- 9. Sleep Paralysis and Psychopathology
- 10. Theories on the Etiology of Sleep Paralysis
- 11. Diagnostic Criteria, Diagnostic Issues, and Possible Subtypes of Sleep Paralysis
- 12. Review of Measures Used to Assess Sleep Paralysis
- 13. Differential Diagnosis of Sleep Paralysis
- 14. Folk Remedies for Sleep Paralysis
- 15. Psychosocial Approaches to the Treatment of Sleep Paralysis
- 16. Psychopharmacology for Sleep Paralysis
- 17. Conclusions and Future Directions
- Appendix A. Terms for Sleep Paralysis
- Appendix B. Fearful Isolated Sleep Paralysis Interview
- Appendix C. A Cognitive Behavioral Treatment Manual for Recurrent Isolated Sleep Paralysis: CBT-ISP
- Appendix D. An Adherence Measure for Cognitive Behavioral Treatment of Isolated Sleep Paralysis