Democracy Assistance from the Third Wave : Polish Engagement in Belarus and Ukraine.
The role of Western NGOs in the transition of postcommunist nations to democracy has been well documented. In this study, Paulina Pospieszna follows a different trajectory, examining the role of a former aid recipient (Poland), newly democratic itself, and its efforts to aid democratic transitions i...
Pittsburgh PA :
University of Pittsburgh Press,
|Series:||Russian and East European Studies
|Online Access:||Click to View|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- 1. Belarus's and Ukraine's Quest for Democracy
- 2. Polish Governmental Aid Programs
- 3. The Solidarity Movement's Lasting Legacy: Polish NGOs' Engagement in Democracy Assistance
- 4. Demystifying Cross-Border Networks: Polish NGOs' Civil Society Assistance in Belarus and Ukraine
- 5. Why Polish Democracy Assistance Matters
- 6. Implications for Theory and Practice
- Appendix 1. Interviews Conducted
- Appendix 2. Interview Questions
- Appendix 3. Polish Ministry of Foreign Affairs' Assistance Data
- Appendix 4. NED Data on Cross-Border Work
- Appendix 5. Typical Polish NGO Project Summaries