Tourism, Globalisation and Cultural Change : An Island Community Perspective.
This book offers original insights into the broad and deep influences of tourism, and places them within the historical context of globalisation. The research undertaken on a Canary Island emphasises the indigenous experience, and makes cross-cultural comparisons, especially with island communities.
Channel View Publications, Limited,
|Series:||Tourism and Cultural Change Ser.
|Online Access:||Click to View|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- Part 1 The Issues, The Community and the Tourists
- Chapter 1 Tourism, Globalisation and Cultural Change
- Chapter 2 Valle Gran Rey: A Changing Destination
- Chapter 3 The Tourists: Types and Motivation
- Part 2 The Influence of Tourism
- Chapter 4 Work and Property
- Chapter 5 Power and Conflict
- Chapter 6 Social Identity
- Chapter 7 Family, Belief and Values
- Chapter 8 The Ability of Tourism to Change Culture