Critical Foundations in Young Adult Literature : Challenging Genres.
|Series:||Critical Literacy Teaching Series: Challenging Authors and Genres Ser.
|Online Access:||Click to View|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Critical Foundations in Young Adult Literature: Challenging Genres
- TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Preface. Young Adult Literature Comes of Age: The Blurring of Genre in Popular Entertainment
- Introduction. Reading Unease: Just Who, Exactly, Is Young Adult Literature Made For?
- 1. Capitalism, Hollywood, and Adult Appropriation of Young Adult Literature: The Harry Potter Effect
- 2. More than Mango Street: Race, Multiculturalism and YA
- 3. Outsiders?: Exclusion and Post-Colonial Theory
- 4. Gender and Sexuality and YA: Constructions of Identity and Gender
- 5. Pedagogy of the Demonically Possessed: Critical Pedagogy and Popular Literature
- 6. Grassroots YA: Don't Forget to Be Awesome
- Conclusion. YA and the "Emerging Self": Looking Ahead at the Genre and Our Classrooms