Global Reach - How Trade Unions are Responding to AIDS : Case Studies of Union Action.
This Best Practice report shows how the power of working people can be harnessed in the response to AIDS. Eleven case studies from different settings show how trade unions are mounting bold, imaginative responses to HIV in the workplace: challenging stigma and discrimination, addressing the factors...
World Health Organization,
|Online Access:||Click to View|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- Abbreviations and acronyms
- SECTION I: Trade union experiences
- About Global Unions
- Global Union collaboration on AIDS
- The case studies
- Lessons learnt
- SECTION II: Case studies of union action
- Training teachers in Rwanda: a global approach
- Mobilization for treatment in South Africa
- Partnerships for treatment and care in southern Africa
- Couples' training in Zimbabwe
- Discrimination in the workplace in Central America and the Caribbean
- Uganda: Education at the truck stop
- Union-run health services in the Philippines
- Southern Africa: HIV prevention in forestry
- International solidarity with southern Africa
- Reducing risk among agricultural workers in Uganda
- Organizing sex workers in Cambodia
- Annex 1. The ILO Code of Practice on HIV/AIDS and the world of work
- Annex 2. Resources.