The Changing Transitions to Adulthood in Developing Countries : Selected Studies.
|Other Authors:||, , , , , ,|
Washington, D.C. :
National Academies Press,
|Online Access:||Click to View|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- 1 Introduction--Cynthia B. Lloyd, Jere R. Behrman, Nelly P. Stromquist, and Barney Cohen
- 2 Changing Contexts in Which Youth Are Transitioning to Adulthood in Developing Countries: Converging Toward Developed Economies?--Jere R. Behrman and Piyali Sengupta
- 3 Small Families and Large Cohorts: The Impact of the Demographic Transition on Schooling in Brazil--David A. Lam and Letícia Marteleto
- 4 Progress Toward Education for All: Trends and Current Challenges for sub-Saharan Africa--Paul C. Hewett and Cynthia B. Lloyd
- 5 Trends in the Timing of First Marriage Among Men and Women in the Developing World--Barbara S. Mensch, Susheela Singh, and John B. Casterline
- 6 Marriage Patterns in Rural India: Influence of Sociocultural Context--Shireen J. Jejeebhoy and Shiva S. Halli
- 7 Marriage in Transition: Evidence on Age, Education, and Assets from Six Developing Countries--Agnes R. Quisumbing and Kelly Hallman
- 8 Adolescent Transitions to Adulthood in Reform-Era China--Emily Hannum and Jihong Liu
- 9 Growing Up in Pakistan: The Separate Experiences of Males and Females--Cynthia B. Lloyd and Monica J. Grant
- 10 Multilevel Modeling of Influences on Transitions to Adulthood in Developing Countries with Special Reference to Cameroon--Barthélémy Kuate-Defo
- 11 Assessing the Economic Returns to Investing in Youth in Developing Countries--James C. Knowles and Jere R. Behrman
- Appendix Contents Growing Up Global: The Changing Transitions to Adulthood in Developing Countries.