The Martyrs of Karbala : Shi'i Symbols and Rituals in Modern Iran.
University of Washington Press,
|Online Access:||Click to View|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- 1. A Brief Historical Background of Shi'ism and Moharram
- 2. The Qajar Elites and Religious Patronage (1796-1925)
- 3. Qajar Society and Religious Culture: Tehran as a Case Study
- 4. The Pahlavi Regime and the Emergence of Secular Modernism (1925-1979)
- 5. Religious Rituals, Society, and Politics during the Pahlavi Period
- 6. Hoseyn, "The Prince of Martyrs"
- 7. Fatemeh, Zeynab, and Emerging Discourses on Gender
- 8. The Islamic Republic
- 9. Conclusion