Dead Sea Scrolls : A Very Short Introduction.
Everyone has heard of the Dead Sea Scrolls, but amidst the conspiracies, the politics, and the sensational claims, it can be difficult to separate the myths from the reality. Timothy Lim explains the cultural and historical background of the scrolls, and presents the true facts behind the theories a...
Oxford University Press,
|Serier:||Very Short Introductions
|Online adgang:||Click to View|
Ingen Tags, Vær først til at tagge denne postø!
- Cover Page
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Dedication Page
- List of illustrations
- Chapter 1 The Dead Sea scrolls as cultural icon
- Chapter 2 The archaeological site and caves
- Chapter 3 On scrolls and fragments
- Chapter 4 New light on the Hebrew Bible
- Chapter 5 Who owned the scrolls?
- Chapter 6 Literary compositions from the Qumran library
- Chapter 7 The Qumran-Essene community in context
- Chapter 8 The Qumran community
- Chapter 9 The religious beliefs of the Qumran community
- Chapter 10 The scrolls and early Christianity
- Chapter 11 The greatest manuscript discovery
- Further reading
- Appendix: Hitherto unknown texts