The Battle for Algeria : Sovereignty, Health Care, and Humanitarianism.
The Battle for Algeria offers a new interpretation of the Algerian War (1954-1962) that highlights the social dimensions of the National Liberation Front's winning strategy, specifically its health care and humanitarianism programs, which targeted the local and international arenas and directly...
University of Pennsylvania Press,
|Series:||Pennsylvania Studies in Human Rights Ser.
|Online Access:||Click to View|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- List of Abbreviations
- Note on Sources, Names, and Spellings
- 1. The Long Road to War
- 2. Medical Pacification and the Sections Administratives Spécialisées
- 3. "See Our Arms, See Our Physicians": The Algerian Health-Services Division
- 4. Internationalizing Humanitarianism: The Algerian Red Crescent
- 5. The International Committee of the Red Cross in Algeria
- 6. Global Diplomacy and the Fight for Self-Determination