Modernising Traditions and Traditionalising Modernity in Africa : Chieftaincy and Democracy in Cameroon and Botswana.
|Online Access:||Click to View|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Title page
- Copyright page
- Chapter 1. Chieftaincy Studies in Africa: An Overview
- Chapter 2. Chieftaincy and the Game of Legitimacy in Cameroon
- Chapter 3. Chieftaincy and the Negotiation of Botswana's Democracy
- Case One: Dikgosi and Marriage
- Case Two: The First Female Paramount Kgosi
- Case Three: Succession Disputes
- Case Four: Minority Tribes Fighting for Dikgosi and Representation
- Chapter 4. Conclusion
- Back cover.