Helping Your Anxious Teen : Positive Parenting Strategies to Help Your Teen Beat Anxiety, Stress, and Worry.
Written by a psychologist and expert on adolescent anxiety, this book is an essential how-to guide for parents, showing how their own behavior can either help or exacerbate their teen's symptoms, and outlining specific skills parents can use to support their child. Readers will learn that when...
New Harbinger Publications,
|Online Access:||Click to View|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- 1. Teens and Anxiety: A Perfect Storm
- Understanding Anxiety and theUnique Nature of Adolescent Fears
- 2. The Nuts and Bolts of Parenting an Anxious Teen
- What Works and What BackfiresWhen Managing Teen Anxiety
- 3. My Constant Worrier
- Overcoming Fearful Thinkingand Repetitive Worries
- 4. My Anxiously Avoiding Teen
- Eliminating Avoidance andLearning How to Face Fears
- 5. My Socially Fearful Teen
- Reducing Social Fears andFacing Social Challenges
- 6. My Perfectionistic Teen
- Confronting Perfectionismand Procrastination
- 7. My Irritable, Stressed-Out Teen
- Managing Irritability, Stress,and Anxious Meltdowns
- 8. Quieting the Body's Alarm System
- Reducing Panic, Decreasing PhysicalSymptoms, and Calming the Mind
- 9. Anxiety Flashpoints Through the Teen Years
- Modifying Triggers of AdolescentAnxiety and UnderstandingAnxiety Disorders
- 10. A Roadmap for Parents
- Coping with an Anxious Teen,Challenging Your Worries, andLeading the Way
- Appendix A: Socratic Questions
- Parents' Easy Guide toQuestioning Anxious Thoughts
- Appendix B: Cognitive Errors
- Appendix C: Anxiety Disorders Diagnosed in Children and Adolescents
- Appendix D: Professional Associations
- Appendix E: Useful Apps
- Selected References and Recommended Readings.