Motivational Interviewing with Adolescents and Young Adults.
This pragmatic guide spells out how to use motivational interviewing (MI) to have productive conversations about behavior change with adolescents and young adults in any clinical context. Filled with vivid examples, sample dialogues, and "dos and don'ts," the book shows how conducting...
New York :
|Serier:||Applications of Motivational Interviewing Ser.
|Online adgang:||Click to View|
Ingen Tags, Vær først til at tagge denne postø!
- Half Title Page
- Series Page
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- About the Authors
- Contributing Authors
- Series Editors' Note
- Part I. The Guide
- Chapter 1. Introduction: Why Motivational Interviewing with Adolescents and Young Adults?
- Chapter 2. Adolescence and Emerging Adulthood: A Brief Review of Development
- Chapter 3. The Spirit of Motivational Interviewing
- Chapter 4. Person-Centered Guiding Skills
- Chapter 5. Responding to Resistance
- Chapter 6. Change Talk
- Chapter 7. Commitment
- Chapter 8. Integrating Motivational Interviewing into Your Practice
- Part II. Side Trips
- Chapter 9. Alcohol Problems
- Chapter 10. Marijuana Use
- Chapter 11. The Juvenile Justice System
- Chapter 12. Sexual Risk Reduction
- Chapter 13. Smoking
- Chapter 14. Psychiatric Disorders
- Chapter 15. Eating Disorders
- Chapter 16. Obesity in Minorities
- Chapter 17. Self-Care for Chronic Medical Conditions
- Chapter 18. Group Alcohol and Drug Treatment
- Chapter 19. Applications in Schools
- Chapter 20. Family-Based Intervention
- Part III. Choosing Your Own Path
- Chapter 21. Ethical Considerations
- Chapter 22. Developing Proficiency in Motivational Interviewing