The Self-Love Revolution : Radical Body Positivity for Girls of Color.
Girls of color are at heightened risk for poor body image due to the compounded realities of racism, sexism, and fatphobia. In The Self-Love Revolution, leading body image expert and fat activist Virgie Tovar offers a radical guide to help teen girls of color cultivate unapologetic body positivity....
New Harbinger Publications,
|Series:||The Instant Help Solutions Ser.
|Online Access:||Click to View|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- Part One: Our Messy World
- 1: Nine Points That Explode Beauty Standards
- 2: Question the Culture
- 3: Fatphobia and How It Hurts Your Body Image
- 4: Racism Affects How You Think of Your Body
- 5: We've Been Obsessing About Food for More Than 200 Years
- 6: Nine Gross Characteristics of Diet Culture
- Part Two: Thoughts on Common Body Confusions
- 7: Why Is My Family Always Talking About My Body?
- 8: Why Isn't Confidence Enough?
- 9: What Do I Say to Trolls?
- 10: I'm Tired of Hating Myself…So How Do I Love Myself?
- Part Three: Be You, Not What Someone Else Thinks You Should Be
- 11: Your Body Does Amazing Stuff Every Single Day, Girl
- 12: Say No at Least Once a Day
- 13: Never, Ever Skip Lunch (or Breakfast or Dinner)
- 14: Take Every Hour You Spend Criticizing Your Body and Do Something Else That's Totally Amazing
- 15: Find Your Allies
- 16: Wear What You Want!