Holy Hustlers, Schism, and Prophecy : Apostolic Reformation in Botswana.
This book examines the charismatic Christian reformation presently underway in Botswana's time of AIDS and the moral crisis that divides the church between the elders and the young, apostolic faith healers. Richard Werbner focuses on Eloyi, an Apostolic faith-healing church in Botswana's c...
Princeton NJ :
University of California Press,
|Series:||The Anthropology of Christianity Ser.
|Online Access:||Click to View|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- List of Illustrations
- PART I: TO AND FROM CRISIS AND BEYOND
- 1. Holy Hustling
- 2. Between the Prophetic and the Pastoral
- 3. The Lives of Prophets and Bishops
- 4. Escalating Crisis: Faith and Trust "under Destruction"
- 5. Schism, Innovation, and Continuity
- PART II: WONDROUS NARRATION AND SOMATIC REVELATION IN PROPHECY
- 6. Personal Nearness and Sincerity in Prayer
- 7. Diagnosis, Reconnaissance, and Fabrication
- 8. Prescribing Christian Cosmetics: Moving Bodies and Intercorporeality
- 9. Old and New in Christian Reformation
- Conclusion: From Film to Book-Dianoia and Noesis