Shi'i Theology in Iran : The Challenge of Religious Experience.
Taking a theologically oriented method for engaging with historical and cultural phenomena, this book explores the challenge, offered by revolutionary Shi'i theology in Iran, to Western conventions on theology, revolution and religion's role in the creation of identity. Offering a stringen...
Taylor & Francis Group,
|Series:||Culture and Civilization in the Middle East Ser.
|Online Access:||Click to View|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- Shi'i Theology in Iran: The challenge of religious experience
- Part I: Metaphor and identity
- 1. The discursive personality
- 2. Stuck in the middle with you
- 3. A double-edged sword
- Part II: Anxiety and discourse
- 4. Theology as duality
- 5. Mediated deliverance
- Part III: Faith
- 6. A wheel within a wheel
- 7. Faith as core and structure
- 8. Silence fraught with meaning
- 9. Conclusion: The end is where we start
- Bibliography and further reading